- September 16, 2019
September 16, 2019 -- Salesforce announced Manufacturing Cloud, an industry-specific product for manufacturers. Manufacturing Cloud works to bring sales and operations teams together around a unified view of market and customer demands with a goal to more accurately forecast, plan and drive predictable business performance.
Manufacturing Cloud, the industry-specific product from Salesforce, delivers a level of business visibility and collaboration between the sales and operations organizations of a manufacturing company. This is intended to allow them to have a better view of their customers through sales agreements and account-based forecasting solutions, providing visibility into their customer interactions while enabling them to generate sales forecasts.
Salesforce has collaborated with major manufacturing and sales companies through the product pilot program, including Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. - Engines Division, Hitachi Chemical, CF Industries, Mipox, GELITA and more. Manufacturing Cloud features include:
- Sales Agreements allow manufacturers to unify their run-rate business with data housed in ERP and order management systems with the contract terms negotiated—including planned volumes and revenues—so both operations and account teams can have a 360-degree view of the customer. If any changes to the agreement are needed, they are= incorporated into the existing sales agreement, ensuring there is always a single source. This allows account teams to manage the full sales agreement lifecycle and have visibility into committed and actual order volumes, the performance of the agreement against the forecast and other time-phased custom metrics.
- Account-Based Forecasting provides manufacturers with a complete view of their current business alongside future opportunities. This allows sales, finance and operations teams to develop forecasts while breaking down internal silos. Account teams can also add updates on changing customer needs or market demands, allowing the team to collaborate and adjust forecasts in real-time.
In addition to Manufacturing Cloud, Salesforce is also releasing manufacturing-specific innovation across the Salesforce Customer 360 Platform.
- Einstein Analytics for Manufacturing provides account managers with access to an intelligent experience with KPIs into account health, demand insights, product penetration and sales agreement progress. By centralizing and analyzing key data sources, account managers can engage clients that are at highest risk for churn. In addition, by identifying key trends within an account, account managers can grow their relationship by recommending relevant upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- Community Cloud for Manufacturing will deliver a pre-built template specific for manufacturers that extends sales agreements to channel partners, allowing them to collaborate together on leads and opportunities.
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform unlocks data from any application, data source or device—whether that data is on-premise or in the cloud. By enabling organizations to connect Manufacturing Cloud with other systems, sales and operations leaders can automate the complete order-to-cash process, create a comprehensive forecast view and drive business process automation across all sales channels.