- February 18, 2019
February 18, 2019 - Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), announced Telit OneEdge, an initiative developed to speed IoT deployments.
OneEdge is a software suite enabling solutions for a generation of Telit’s cellular LPWA IoT modules. With integrated, secure tools, it works to simplify design, deployment and management of IoT products and solutions, enabling a leap into the 5G super-connected world.
OneEdge works to solve challenges related to integration, scalability, and management that solution architects and their enterprise customers face as they implemen tIoT to transform their businesses. The offering is designed to accelerate solutions to market.
OneEdge provides features including:
- Zero touch on-boarding – making products operate automatically “out of the box”.
- Device management – managing data and cellular systems needed to connect devices to the Cloud or Enterprise ensuring each device has the most up to date firmware and application software.
- Security built-in at point of manufacture – hardening products to attacks, leveraging layers of security from the module through cellular transport to the delivery of information to customer’s systems.
- SIM-less cellular subscription management – integrating directly into the LPWA module, simWISE is a subscriber identification solution that provides a reduction in complexity for IoT deployments (e.g. spanning multiple geographies / multiple carrier coverage for guaranteed SLAs).
- Edge programmability – providing tools to normalize data and define the logic and behavior of devices. It also automates key tasks of sending and receiving data and managing cellular connections between devices, clouds and enterprises.
- Enterprise integration – enabling the critical integration of IoT solutions into customers enterprise systems and business processes to consume and extract value from device data.