- July 25, 2018
July 25, 2018 - ABB announced the release of a magnetic level gauge switch designed to enhance the level measurement and control solution for a variety of industrial applications in oil & gas, chemical and power generation.
The LMS200 magnetic level gauge switch is non-invasive and designed to improve the ease of use, safety and reliability of magnetically coupled switches. The level ‘set-point’ is adjustable without changing any process piping or risking a plant shutdown. Features include
- Concept of magnetic coupling, eliminating direct contact with process
- 10 amps DPDT switch in IP66/67 rated explosion proof aluminum housing
- Over-molded magnet design to lower the deadband and operating distance
- Integrated rod mount design for range of environmental conditions and applications
- RoHS 2.0 compliance with global Hazloc ATEX/IECEx, cFMus approvals
- OEM replacement for K-TEK’s MS40 & MS40EX magnetic level switches
When mounted on an ABB KM26 magnetic liquid level gauge, or any other magnetic level gauges that contain a magnetic float, the LMS200 switch can sense high or low levels within a vessel. The magnetic coupling action avoids the need for seals, diaphragms, springs, or torque tubes.
The LMS200 is non-invasive, magnetically actuated point level switch that is a solution in demanding conditions.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics business unit is a manufacturer and supplier of instrumentation and analyzers. ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its customers.