- October 08, 2018
October 8, 2018 - ABB announced the release of its next generation of magnetostrictive liquid level transmitters designed to improve level measurement for a variety of applications in oil, gas, chemical and power generation industries.
The LMT Series of magnetostrictive level transmitters' principle of operation and setup ensure that total and/or interface levels are measured reliably and accurately. Key features include:
- Certified to Safety integrity level 2 (SIL2) and systematic capability 3 (SC3) according to IEC61508 and can be used in applications area of IEC61511-1 up to SIL-2(HFT=0) and SIL3(HFT=1)
- 0.01% of full scale or ± 1.27mm for total level and/or interface measurement with superior patented AccuTrack Sensor technology
- HART 7 digital communication and 4 to 20mA analog output
- First magnetostrictive level transmitter with Through The Glass (TTG touch screen interface and Integrated and Interactive Waveform
- Packaged in ABB’s common instrumentation platform resulting in simplified operation, maintenance and training to provide a common user experience.
- RoHS 2.0 and NAMUR standards with global Hazloc ATEX/IECEx, cFMus, NEPSI, CRN approvals
- Online self-verification and diagnostics feature for commissioning and troubleshooting to deliver asset optimization
The LMT Series level transmitters, available as the LMT100 direct insertion model, and the non-intrusive LMT200 model, are mountable on any magnetic level gauge.