- November 05, 2018
- Allied Motion Technologies Inc.
November 5, 2018 – Allied Motion Technologies has introduced the SWS Steering Wheel Sensor, a steer-by-wire steering wheel feedback sensor designed specifically for warehouse vehicles like reach, counterbalance, and lift trucks.
Steering wheels can be mounted directly to the SWS and connected to a CAN bus. For drivers, the SWS delivers a steering feeling from its no stick-slip, no wear, integrated magnetic friction system.
SWS Steering Wheel Sensor highlights include:
- The unit mounts directly to most vehicle steering wheels
- High-resolution sensing (≥16,384 steps/rev)
- Integrated connector for installation
- IP67 rated, complies to PL d according to ISO13849
- CAN communication output
The SWS works with Allied Motions’ EPS steering actuator motor for responsive warehouse and utility vehicle steering.