- December 06, 2018
- Beckhoff Automation
December 6, 2018 – The CX7000 Embedded PC from Beckhoff opens up the TwinCAT 3 software environment to DIN rail-mounted controllers. This enhances the scalability of PC-based control technology from Beckhoff – ranging from mini-PLCs to many-core Industrial PCs. A 400 MHz processor and built-in configurable I/Os drives this Embedded PC.
Equipped with an ARM Cortex-M7 processor (32 bit, 400 MHz), the CX7000 Embedded PC, with dimensions of 49 x 100 x 72 mm, ensures scalability of PC-based control for small controller applications that typically require minimum footprint.
With multi-functional I/O channels directly integrated, the CX7000 assures value:
- Eight digital inputs, 24 V DC, 3 ms filter, type 3
- Four digital outputs, 24 V DC, 0.5 A, 1-wire technology
These integrated multi-functional I/Os can be configured for other operating modes via TwinCAT 3, including the option to use fast counting or processing of analog values:
- Counter mode: 1 x 100 kHz digital counter input, 1 x digital input as up/down counter, 2 x digital counter outputs
- Incremental encoder mode: 2 x digital inputs for 100 kHz encoder signal, 2 x digital encoder outputs
- Analog signal mode: 2 x digital inputs configured as analog inputs 0…10 V, 12 bit
- PWM signal mode: 2 x digital outputs configured for PWM signal
If additional electrical signal types need to be processed, the CX7000 can be expanded very easily on demand by adding EtherCAT Terminals or Bus Terminals to the integrated I/Os. Additional I/O terminals can attach directly to the CX7000.
The Embedded PC is equipped with 512 MB MicroSD flash memory (with the option to upgrade to 1, 2, 4 or 8 GB) and is suitable for operating temperatures between -25 and +60 °C. An Ethernet interface (10/100 Mbit/s, RJ45) serves as the programming interface. This means that the CX7000 is ideal for use as a stand-alone compact controller. In the CX7080 version, peripheral devices such as displays, scanners or weighing systems can be connected via an additional serial interface (RS232/RS485).