- December 07, 2018
- Chipkin Automation Systems Inc
December 7, 2018 – The CAS BACnet Wireshark Storm Tool has been released by Chipkin Automation Systems. This release provides support for any BACnet system that uses Wireshark. Automation professionals can download the program for free and without having to register or provide an email address.
- Testing specific problematic BACnet messages
- Testing denial of service (DOS), flood of BACnet messages
- Testing large sequences of messages from remote sites
- BACnet Pre-BTL testing
- Regression and unit testing
The BACnet Wireshark storm tool opens a Wireshark capture log and loops through all the message in the log searching for a pattern. When a packet matches the pattern, the tool will then change the destination IP address of the packet and send it to the new IP address. The packets sent to the test device can be used to simulate the network found on a customer’s site while in the lab.