- August 09, 2018
- Emerson Automation Solutions
August 9, 2018 – Emerson has introduced a HART 7 position transmitter option for its TopWorx D-Series switchbox. The addition of the HART 7 communications protocol enables diagnostic and monitoring capabilities for valve integrators and automators. It is intended to help improve operational efficiency and maintenance planning for plants in process industries such as oil and gas, chemical, power, and refining.
The HART 7 position transmitter’s LCD display and navigation buttons permit local 5-point calibration for setup on linear applications. Diagnostic capabilities include measurements such as percent valve is open/closed, open and close dwell time, valve transition time – from open to close, and last open/close stroke time.
Other device features include:
- LCD display indicates error codes, valve position, device temperature, and calibration modes for setup, commissioning, and fault finding
- Limit switch position monitoring
- Integrated vibration-resistant terminal strip for setup and connective reliability
- Spare auxiliary input that can be used to monitor any dry contact switch over the HART 7 network
- Global certifications for application flexibility
The D-Series is a switchbox where HART 7 can be paired with a GOTSwitch proximity sensor in extreme valve monitoring applications.
Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. The Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment.