- May 01, 2018
- Honeywell Process Solutions
May 1, 2018 – Honeywell announced a handsfree, wearable Connected Plant technology designed to allow industrial workers to more safely accomplish their tasks in the plant or the field. Honeywell’s Skills Insight Intelligent Wearables feature a head-mounted visual display that responds to voice and brings live data, documents, work procedures, as well as health and safety information into view.
The wearable technology also connects field workers with remote experts in real time and allows them to assimilate valuable skills and knowledge while working.
Honeywell’s technology uses the latest in handsfree mobile computing, augmented reality, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and mobility software. It combines the RealWear HMT-1Z1 handsfree wearable computer with Honeywell’s Movilizer platform, a cloud-based workflow solution, to support field service operations, specifically in hazardous locations.
Skills Insight Intelligent Wearables offer several features:
- Operator task automation: Guided work instruction and procedures plus visualization of documents to facilitate field work.
- Visualization of live data: Real-time IIoT data made available to the field worker.
- Video capture and playback: Learning on demand and on site through playback of video, captured by expert operators working on similar tasks, searchable using voice.
- Expert on call: Access to remote experts via video chat, who can see what the field worker sees and can provide advice, share documents or annotate the video feed.
- Geo-localization, navigation and asset visualization: Locates a field operator in the plant and provides navigation and visualization as required for a task.
- Emergency evacuation: Locates workers in the plant and guides them to an assembly point using geo-localization.
- Man-down assistance: Detects a man down, identifying the location and notifying the emergency team for assistance.