- December 20, 2018
- Integration Objects
December 20, 2018 - Integration Objects announced the release of its OPC Client for MQTT. MQTT is a machine-to-machine (M2M)/"Internet of Things" connectivity protocol. It was designed as a lightweight publish/subscribe messaging transport.
OPC Client for MQTT leverages MQTT protocol and OPC standard to link devices and sensors with the Cloud. In fact, it collects real-time data from multiple OPC DA servers. Then, it securely transfers those data to any MQTT Broker accessible through the network. This OPC Client provides multi-threading capabilities using MQTT Agents.
The OPC Client for MQTT is a link between OPC and IoT MQTT. It includes the following features:
- A fully compliant OPC DA client
- An Graphical User Interface allowing users to configure multiple MQTT agents
- Collecting and publishing real-time data into MQTT Brokers securely
- Automatic reconnection to MQTT Brokers when the connection is lost
- Support of MQTT protocol versions 3.1 and 3.1.1
- Data recovery options to resend data when the connection with the MQTT Broker is lost