- May 24, 2018
May 28, 2018 – At NPE 2018, the Kistler Group is showcased its latest custom monitoring package for ComoNeo, its process monitoring system that is designed to deliver transparency for injection molding.
ComoNeo is a system for plastics processing companies looking to optimize their injection molding processes. Kistler is constantly developing this process monitoring system to accommodate new application cases.
Based on the measurement of cavity pressure with sensors from Kistler, users are provided with modular functions to support predictive control of the injection molding process. Support, monitoring, control and prediction make Version 2.1.0 of Kistler's ComoNeo a tool for process transparency.
A feature of this system is its ability to support users according to their individual levels of know-how. Kistler has integrated a practical prediction tool into ComoNeo: the Stasa QC software, which uses measured values and statistical analyses to calculate the quality of the manufactured components in advance, and to assess them within the tolerance bands.
Customers can tailor their own ComoNeo with these functions:
- ComoNeoPREDICT Allows model-based prediction of specified part quality based on the cavity pressure and temperature profiles – for process parameters and transparent processes.
- ComoNeoMERGE The system monitors and evaluates up to four components with different mold technologies.
- ComoNeoMULTIFLOWFor molds with multiple cavities, this option allows hot runner balancing through individual adjustment of the nozzle temperature – to ensure identical injection conditions in all cavities and automatic correction of deviations.
- ComoNeoSWITCH This function ensures automated switchover from the injection phase to the holding phase at the ideal time – for balanced injection behavior and mold protection during the process.
- ComoNeoCOMPOSITE RTM sensors from Kistler create the conditions for controlled machining of long-fiber composites.
- ComoNeoGUARD This function helps users to define monitoring windows that enable accurate separation of good and bad parts on a step-by-step basis.
- ComoNeoRECOVER This feature makes it possible to reproduce a proven injection molding process on a different machine. The user is guided through the adaptation step by step, deviations are identified and the assistant suggests corrective actions.