- March 05, 2018
March 5, 2018 - Nexen Group announced the release of the of the Zero-Backlash Spring Engaged (ZSE) brake family. The pneumatically-released ZSE is zero-backlash up to 100% of its rated holding torque.
Nexen has released four different sizes (450, 600, 800, 1000) for a variety of applications. The bore sizes are available in three standard sizes, and can be customized for customer needs.
In addition, Nexen offers an option to configure the ZSE with a smart feature. The ZSES brakes are available with internal sensors. These sensors provide feedback and data to enhance machine safety and efficiency.
Features of the ZSE Brake include:
- Speeds up to 5000 RPM
- Zero-Backlash up to 100% of rated holding torque
- Holding torque up to 300 Nm
- Zero-Backlash integral clamp collar
- Customizable to range of shaft diameters
- Optional Smart feature for Industry 4.0 Compatibility