- August 07, 2018
- Schneider Electric
August 7, 2018 – Schneider Electric released EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS Control Software 7.1. With expanded capabilities and an enhanced HMI, the updated software is intended to simplify engineering and enhance the user experience, while using EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS to drive measurable operational improvements, safely. The n software version is on display at Schneider Electric’s annual EcoStruxure Foxboro user group conference, in San Antonio, Texas.
The EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS is an open, interoperable and future-proof process automation system that provides control over a manufacturing plant’s operational profitability. It is designed to provide measurable operational profitability improvements and a future-proof architecture, with its control processors; I/O; role-based engineering tools; and operation capabilities;
EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics and cybersecurity to deliver Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics and Services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in 480,000+ sites, with the support of 20,000+ system integrators and developers, connecting over 1.6 million assets under management through 40+ digital services.
EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS Control Software 7.1 runs on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, to provide flexibility while ensuring cybersecurity. When planning upgrades, Schneider Electric customers can mix Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10 on the same system, allowing flexibility in scheduling and timing for upgrades. Customers can upgrade individual sections of the plant in any order, at any pace, to accommodate plant production schedules.
Among other new and updated features, the continuously current EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS Control Software 7.1 now includes:
EcoStruxure Field Device Expert - It includes:
- Intelligent Commissioning Wizard, to reduce commissioning time by automating HART device commissioning and documentation processes.
- Device Replacement Wizard to replace or commission HART devices, either individually or in bulk.
- HMI Bulk Graphics Editor for reducing engineering hours and ensuring quality during testing. Use in major projects shows that replicating hundreds of displays with the Bulk Graphics Editor can save man hours and deliver predictable results.
- Control Editors Activity Monitor for communication, workflow and collaboration.
- Real-time asset health condition monitoring
- Future-proof technology supporting the latest FTD 2.0 standard, for compatibility with digitized field devices from Schneider Electric and third-party vendors.
- System platform update for version continuity with business software from AVEVA.
- New migration path, along with the HMI Bulk Graphics Editor, for the transition from existing FoxView HMI displays to the EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS Control Software 7.1 HMI platform for a continuously current and future-proof system. An upgrade migration path is available from previous Control Software Versions 5.x, 6.x and 7.0.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric works for the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is a specialist Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. They provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.