- May 30, 2018
May 30, 2018 - Tobii Pro announced the Tobii Pro VR Analytics tool that allows eye-tracking studies to be conducted within 3D virtual reality (VR) environments. The tool integrates into Unity environments and comes with automated features for visualizing and measures what a user sees, their interactions and navigations within a simulated world.
The combination of eye tracking and VR can uncover the factors that drive human attention across a number of hypothetical scenarios. Access to eye-tracking analytics are designed to help brands, retailers and designers analyze the key influencers of behavior and decision-making throughout the consumer journey. The new analysis tool will also open up for safer training of individuals particularly in complex and high-risk occupations such as industrial, medical, and emergency response.
Tobii Pro VR Analytics - technological features:
- Integrates into existing Unity environments – allowing businesses to leverage on investments already made in content creation for VR.
- Designed to work with actual eye-movement data, enabled by VR headsets integrated with Tobii eye-tracking technology.
- Access to analytics from eye-tracking data, navigation and interactions is instantaneous and visualizations are automated.
- Heat and opacity maps show the points in a VR landscape that received the most attention.
- Scene overview with path maps illustrate how one or multiple study participants moved through the scene providing an understanding for foot traffic and potential bottleneck areas.
Tobii Pro VR Analytics is based on the analysis tool acquired together with Acuity ETS and Acuity Intelligence in January of 2018.