- May 18, 2017
May 18, 2017 – ams, a worldwide supplier of sensor solutions, introduced an integrated color point sensor IC.
The AS7261 JENCOLOR XYZ sensor is a complete platform for color sensing, intended to ease design-in and simplify production processes for manufacturers of professional or consumer colorimeters and color analysers. Capabilities include:
- CCT and full-color sensor which provides direct XYZ color coordinates consistent with the CIE 1931 2° Standard Observer framework. It also maps the XYZ co-ordinates to the x, y (Y) of the two-dimensional color gamut and scales them to the CIE 1976 u’v’ coordinate system.
- Multi-channel filter set integrated at the silicon wafer level, providing Dark, Clear and Near-Infrared channels as well as the XYZ color sensing channels
- Calibrated CCT, x, y, u’v’ duv and direct sensor count outputs accessible via I2C or UART interfaces
- Programmable LED driver for electronic shutter control and synchronization
- Aperture with integrated lensing built into the device’s 4.5mm x 4.7mm LGA package, deli-vering a ±20.5° field of view
- A text-based AT command set enabling a host microcontroller or processor to configure operation of the device
The AS7261’s tri-stimulus XYZ color sensing capability means, that it mimics the human eye’s response curve, known as the ‘standard observer’ color model as represented by the CIE 1931 and CIE 1976 color mapping systems. The measurements of white light made by the AS7261 are typically accurate to ±0.002 du’v’ on the CIE 1976 scale.