- July 24, 2017
- B+B SmartWorx
July 24, 2017 - B+B SmartWorx powered by Advantech has announced its North American release of SmartStart, an industrial-grade Wi-Fi-capable LTE machine-to-machine (M2M) router.
SmartStart is designed to address the growing flexibility needs of service providers and OEMs struggling to connect unattended retail terminals and remote devices in third-party locations. It is also applicable for systems migrating to LTE technology needing to connect to legacy devices. In an effort to future-proof applications and protect investments, SmartStart provides fallback to 3G/2G technologies to ensure that connectivity is reliable in areas where LTE is still under development.
SmartStart solves issues concerning LTE Cat 4 radio overkill, fixed power input, nonexistent I/O, nonexistent Wi-Fi, expensive annual software licenses and more.
SmartStart is certified with AT&T and Verizon, and PTCRB certified and operational in Canada; additional Canadian carrier certification is slated for Summer 2017.
Additional SmartStart features include the following:
- Multi-carrier LTE Cat 1 cellular network support with Dual SIMs
- Routing and security software features
- Centralized device management tools: SmartWorx Hub and Smart Cluster
- Linux development environment with SDK support for Python and NodeRED
- 10/100 Ethernet, (1) RS-232, and (1) DIO
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi in Client or AP Modes (up to 55 clients)
Designed for range of M2M applications
- Operating temperature (-40°C to +75°C)
- e-Mark certification for vehicle use