- March 10, 2017
March 10, 2017 – The BLH Nobel brand of Vishay Precision Group announced the release of a firmware upgrade, revision v1.3.0, for its G5 Series measurement amplifiers.
Originally launched in February 2016, the BLH Nobel G5 Series combines standard interfaces, a modular design, and onboard integral web servers for commissioning and calibration functions. The Series is designed for integration into the process weighing systems of large vessels, mixers, and conveyors. Advanced communication protocols, including remote diagnostics, parameterization, backup and maintenance functions, serve to further optimize system efficiencies.
The BLH Nobel G5 Series firmware upgrade v1.3.0 was developed from direct customer feedback as to preferred “next generation” features and enhancements. As a result, the firmware upgrade offers:
- Added flow rate (weight by rate) calculation capabilities
- Added diagnostic functionality - This includes scale info, showing (live) input signal; gross weight; zero correction value (in % and in actual scale unit); excitation voltage; and excitation current and sense voltage. Other diagnostics show Communication, Fieldbus, Digital I/O and Analog I/O. Analog and digital outputs can be further controlled directly from the diagnostics menu.
- Added excitation current measurement and supervision capabilities - It is now possible to monitor the excitation and sense directly from the diagnostics menu (e.g. for troubleshooting), as well as for the instrument to automatically supervise excitation current values. This feature will help to detect whether a load cell cable is broken, shorted, or has other similar faults.
- Updated Fieldbus data mapping -For the PLC programmer to integrate multiple G5 Series measurement amplifiers within a Fieldbus network.
- Added EtherNet/IP interface, using an optional installed module in the G5 Series Fieldbus slot.
Firmware revision v1.3.0 is now a standard feature of all G5 Series measurement amplifiers shipped in 2017. Or, alternately, is available as a free software upgrade for legacy models, where flow rate and EtherNet/IP support are not already integral features. In the latter case, a minor hardware update for full system compatibility is required. Please consult the factory for details.