- June 27, 2017
June 27, 2017 – Claroty, an innovator in Operational Technology (OT) network protection, announced the general availability of Secure Remote Access, the latest addition to the company’s OT security platform. Secure Remote Access enables asset owners to control, manage and audit remote access to critical industrial systems. This product is integrated with the company’s Continuous Threat Detection and Enterprise Management Console products which collectively provide unmatched cyberrisk management for industrial control environments. This release of the Claroty Platform also includes enhancements to the company’s Continuous Threat Detection product.
Secure Remote Access includes multiple features designed to enable industrial asset owners to reduce risk and to manage and audit access to their most critical systems. Key capabilities include:
- Access Control – Selectively control who is permitted to remotely access industrial systems, including management workstations, HMIs, Historians and other important endpoints that are common in industrial environments. Control when, and for how long, any given employee or contractor can access each endpoint.
- Workflow – Manage, approve and track all requests for remote access to the most important systems.
- Session Recording – Session recordings provide full accountability for each session.
- Track exactly what was done and match it to maintenance tickets for unmatched auditability.
- Password Vaulting – Eliminate shared passwords, protect your most valuable credentials and enable compliance with password change policies without the hassle of coordinating changes across multiple organizations.
- Integration – Includes “out-of-the-box” integration with Claroty’s Continuous Threat Detection and Enterprise Management Console products, and can be easily integrated with ticketing systems for improved workflow automation. Secure Remote Access also provides syslog output for integration with SIEM and log management products.
Secure Remote Access, previously in “limited release” mode, has been used in production environments by Claroty customers for more than a year. The release of the Claroty Platform also includes updates to the company’s Continuous Threat Detection product. Highlights include:
- Enhanced Alerts – Enhancements to the company’s unmatched security and process integrity alerts – including context such as the actual code differences for alerts regarding controller logic changes – improve collaboration between SOC and Shop Floor teams and enable customers to rapidly investigate and remediate issues.
- Network Insights/Vulnerability Mitigation –CVE matching with automatically discovered assets enables asset owners to continuously monitor their systems for new vulnerabilities and prioritize patch management activities. The system also includes capabilities further exposing how industrial networks are configured and communicating – enabling teams to discover network hygiene issues and eliminate configuration-related vulnerabilities.
- Alerting – Featuring a consolidated alerts page and alert context such as differences (diffs) for configuration downloads.
- Enhanced Risk Management – Extended visibility into serial nodes and additional protocol coverage.