- March 15, 2017
March 16, 2017 - Crydom introduced the PMP Series of Proportional Control Relays, designed with microcontroller based technology to provide control of the power delivered to a single-phase load, with ratings of up to 90 Amps at 90 to 600 VAC.
These solid state relays can control the load power in proportion to an analog control input, which can be a DC voltage (0-5 or 0-10 volts) or a DC current (4-20 mA); as this control input varies from 0 to 100% so does the output of the SSR. . The output of the SSR can be controlled by 2 different methods: Phase Angle control, which works by varying the firing angle of the SCRs, and Burst Fire control (with Distributive Zero Cross), which is a time proportioning method in which full AC cycles are conducted at the output.
The PMP Series relays are fully configurable. They come with a parameter selector switch which allows to select both the control method and the control input type. The operation status of the unit is conveniently displayed by the built-in LED.
PMP Series Proportional SSRs can be used in a range of applications that require proportional power control, and they are a solution for lamp dimming and resistive heating control.
Main features include:
- Output ratings of 25, 50 and 90 Amps
- Available in 3 operating voltage ranges: 90-280, 345-530 and 420-660 VAC
- Selectable Operation Mode: Phase Angle or Burst Fire control
- Selectable Control Input: 0-5 VDC, 0-10 VDC, 4-20 mA
- 50/60 Hz Adaptive Operational Frequency function
- 4-20 mA input does not require an auxiliary power supply
- LED multifunction status indicator
- Contactor configuration with "Elevator" screw terminals
- Optional overvoltage protection (built-in TVS diode)
Crydom’s PMP Series relays are C-UL-US Recognized and CE compliant to the Low Voltage Directive as well as the RoHS Directive.