- August 28, 2017
August 28, 2017 — Microchip Technology announced the MPLAB ICD 4, an in-circuit programming and debugging development tool for Microchip’s PIC microcontroller and dsPIC digital signal controller portfolios. The MPLAB ICD 4 includes all the features of the MPLAB ICD 3 debugger while adding increased speed through a faster processor and increased RAM.
The MPLAB ICD 4’s speed is accomplished through a 32-bit MCU running at 300 MHz. The faster processing, along with an increased buffer memory of 2 MB, results in a product that is up to twice as fast as its predecessor.
The puck-shaped MPLAB ICD 4 is housed in a durable, black case with a brushed aluminum top and is accented with an LED light strip to indicate debugging status. The tool features the following:
- A target voltage range, from 1.20 to 5.5 V
- An optional 1 Amp of power (using an external power supply)
- Selectable pull-up/pull-down option to the target interface
- Configurable interface speed for optimised programming and debugging
- JTAG debugging capability
Microchip’s MPLAB ICD 4 supports all PIC microcontrollers and dsPIC digital signal controllers in Microchip’s portfolio through the MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE).