- August 31, 2017
August 31, 2017—On Robot, the Danish manufacturer of electric grippers for collaborative robots (cobots), launched a gripper for cobots tasked with handling objects of various sizes. The RG6 is a bigger and stronger version of the company’s RG2. This adjustable force (25N to 120N) enables three times higher payload (6-8 kg or 13.2-17.6 lbs.) and wider stroke (160 mm or 6.3 in.), designed for manufacturers automating the movement of delicate or heavy objects in applications such as pick and place, computer numerical control (CNC), machine tending, packaging and palletizing, and assembly.
Like the RG2, the RG6 is an electric gripper instead of traditional compressed air solutions. Compatible with all Universal Robots cobot arms, the RG6—which mounts the arm with factory-installed safety shields—enables operators to modify assembly on the factory floor without the assistance of an engineer.
- Customizable fingertips to fit production requirements
- Dual grippers support without the need for extra wiring
- Assisted center-of-gravity calculation that lets users enter the weight of the payload and let the robot calculate the rest.
- Automatic Tool Center Point (TCP) calculation on how the robot arm moves around the calculated TCP of an object, depending on the position in which the gripper is mounted.
- Continuous grip indication that allows the gripper to discern any lost or deliberately removed object