- April 07, 2017
April 7, 2017 – At the OSIsoft Users Conference, Seeq Corporation announced the release of its latest version, Seeq R17. R17 is the 6th release of Seeq software in just the past 15 months, driven by input and use cases from customers expanding their use of Seeq. A key innovation in the release is support for visual analytics on data in any time reference to provide improved correlation analysis of historical data sets, monitoring support of incoming data, and predictive analytics to anticipate future events and issues.
Also at the OSIsoft Users Conference, Seeq customers are presenting their success stories with Seeq, including Bristol-Myers Squibb in their “Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Improvement through leverage of PI Data and Analytical Tools” presentation, and Devon Energy in their “Oil Field Tank Haul-off Improvement Through Integration of Advanced Analytics with the PI System” presentation. The use cases in these sessions demonstrate how Seeq enables rapid insights for process and asset optimization.
Seeq R17 builds on existing Seeq capabilities that are transforming the productivity of engineers and scientists seeking insights from IIoT and process manufacturing data. New features include:
- Machine Learning: Seeq features such as Pattern Search leverage innovations in cognitive computing. Seeq R17 expands on this approach with new multivariate regression and reference signals for “golden batch” analytics.
- Monitoring and Predictive Analytics: Seeq has focused on historical analytics since its inception, and now adds continuous monitoring support for analytics on incoming data, and predictive analytics for calculations on future outcomes.
- Collaboration: Seeq enables colleagues to work together in real-time by sharing views in Seeq Workbench’s browser-based interface. Multiple users can also reuse formulas and searches among projects, and annotate data for later use. Seeq R17 introduces Journaling for capturing collaborative notes in situ.
- OSIsoft Support: A year after the first public presentation of Seeq at the OSIsoft Users Conference, Seeq R17 introduces a feature set for PI, with automatic installation and indexing of PI data, integrated Asset Framework support, PI Batch and Event Frames support, and the ability to export Seeq analytics to OSIsoft Vision (Coresight).
- Oracle Database Support: Previous versions of Seeq support relational database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL, as well as drag-and-drop support for integrating CSV data in Seeq. With R17, users can connect to and integrate data from Oracle databases.
R17 will be available in April 2017. For training on the new features of Seeq, the Seeq University channel on YouTube will have new videos on the capabilities of R17 as well as existing search, advanced trending, data-search, formulas, and other features.