- October 25, 2017
- Tempered Networks
October 25, 2017 - Tempered Networks announced its HIPswitch 250 platform, the identity-based industrial IoT gateway, that cuts the cost and complexity of networking and security in half. By eliminating the need for APNs, Ethernet switches, internal firewalls, VPNs and separate cellular modems, the gateway appliance enables end-to-end private networks. IoT endpoints can be provisioned in an overlay network regardless of location, without having to modify the legacy network. The HIPswitch 250 enhances the company’s Identity-Defined Networking (IDN) architecture with a set of new capabilities designed to consolidate and simplify IoT infrastructure. Along with the HIPswitch 250, the company announced a release of its IDN software that extends IDN to private workgroups and hybrid cloud networks.
Combined with the HIPrelay for identity-defined routing (IDR) which removes the need for APNs and limitations of legacy routing, IDN provides secure IoT networking. OT teams can configure, deploy and activate industrial networks in as little as 15 minutes. Product highlights include:
- Ethernet and Dual Cell Modems – Provides the flexibility to swap carriers on demand, and set and change link priority.
- Smart Link Manager – Enables customized network and application-level link monitoring, coupled with fast failover and the ability to prioritize links across multiple cellular and wired links.
- Port Density with PoE– Eliminates the need for edge Ethernet switches and additional power enabling customers to deploy anywhere with 8 x 1 Gbps, 4 x SFP Fiber or Copper.
- Serial over IP Ports – Unifies, connects and protects legacy IoT with modern IoT systems
- Protects legacy and modern systems – Secures communications and endpoints using machine-driven AAA, automatic encryption, cloaking, and wide-area micro-segmentation.
- Flexible Software Licensing – Affords a pay as you go and grow model, with no charge bursting.