- April 11, 2017
April 11, 2017 -- Triangle Research International (TRi) introduces ALEC, the “All-In-One Lighting Energy Controller”. ALEC is intended to simplify the design, installation and management of energy-efficient intelligent lighting controls, whether for a small office building or a multi-complex campus.
ALEC is capable of meeting the most stringent building codes out of the box -- without requiring heavy customization, design time or labor, or specialized wiring systems.
The modular ALEC system comprises three simple hardware components - a Zone Controller (ZC001), a standard push button wall plate, and an Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway. This system can be scaled indefinitely to meet the needs of buildings or campus of any size. Each Zone Controller (ZC001) is a fully standalone control system that fits within a standard 4” round or octagonal shape electrical junction box and can:
- Control up to 20 LED lighting fixtures within its zone
- Reduce electric lighting load where/when daylight is available (daylight harvesting)
- Allow use of manual and auto ON/OFF/Dimming
- Sense motion (occupancy) within a 5 m (16 ft) range (occupancy/vacancy response)
- Be programmed with different lighting behavior schedules to suit different days/times
- Measure and log the AC voltage, current, and energy consumption of connected lighting loads (up to 20 years of daily energy consumption data)
- Be remotely monitored and reprogrammed with secure and authorized access
Up to 128 ALEC ZC001 units can be networked together with a single IoT Gateway to form an Internet-enabled lighting system, controlled from any connected computer, tablet, or smartphone via the ALEC Commander Pro software or the ALEC Mobile Config smartphone app.