- June 14, 2016
June 14, 2016 - Abaco Systems announced AXIS DataView, an extension to the company’s AXIS software development environment. DataView allows customers to develop graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for their embedded applications deployed on Abaco Systems hardware. It is designed as an ideal solution for displaying data and adding controls to signal- and image processing applications as well as any system control or communications application.
By addressing the development costs associated with developing and porting GUIs to multiple platforms while also addressing performance overhead issues DataView makes adding a GUI to a broad range of applications practical. DataView is simple to learn; it is portable; and it has minimal impact on overall system throughput.
In-house tests performed by Abaco show that, using DataView, a reduction of over 90% in the lines of code required to create a typical signal generator GUI or signal processing GUI is achievable when compared with alternative approaches. The DataView tool also creates code that is easier to maintain and enhance.
Key benefits of AXIS DataView include:
- No specialist programming GUI knowledge required
- Simple to learn – allows creation of application GUI in days
- Easy to maintain - no complex event-driven GUI code to maintain
- Multi-OS support, including Windows and Linux hosts, and Windows, Linux and VxWorks embedded targets
- Multi-platform support includes Intel, NXT (PowerPC™) and ARM hardware architectures