- June 15, 2016
- ACCES I/O Products, Inc
June 15, 2016—ACCES I/O Products, Inc. announces the addition of a rugged, industrial-strength 4-port isolated USB hub to its ever-growing product line of small form factor embedded products—the USB-104-IHUB. This small medical/industrial/military grade hub features Tru-Iso signal isolation up to 4kV, extended temperature operation (-40°C to 85°C), high retention USB connectors, and an industrial steel enclosure for shock and vibration mitigation.
The USB-104-IHUB is designed to expand the number of USB ports and provide up to 4kV isolation between the host computer and connected USB peripherals. Applications include factory automation, hospital and medical, energy management, military/mission-critical, transportation, security systems, and process monitoring.
Designed to integrate well in any application, the unit is available in a rugged steel enclosure or OEM as a "board-only" device. Users may choose from two power input connectors: a DC power input jack or screw terminals to provide a full 500mA source at 5V on each of the downstream ports. Additionally, a wide input power option exists to accept from 7VDC to 35VDC. Mounting provisions include DIN rail and various panel mounting plates. Available accessories include an isolated medical-grade power supply and a wide variety of standard USB cables for quick and easy-to-use, out of the box, connectivity. To make use of the miniature embedded USB header connectors, ACCES offers an assortment of embedded micro-fit USB header cables.
The USB-104-IHUB is especially useful in applications where high common-mode external voltages are present. Isolation is required to guard electronics from transient voltage spikes and offers greater common-mode noise rejection in electrically noisy surroundings containing industrial machinery and inductive loads. In addition to protecting applications from the influence of high external voltages, isolation eliminates troublesome ground loops.
Key features of the USB-104-IHUB include:
- Rugged, industrialized, four-port USB hub
- Signal isolation up to 4kV meets EN60601 standards
- Advanced EFT, Lightning, and ESD protection at ±20kV on all signal pins (air and contact)
- Full-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.1 and 1.1 compatible
- Industrial operating temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- Two power input connectors (power jack or screw terminals)
- LED indicators for power and fault conditions for each downstream port
- OEM version (board only) features PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Industrial grade USB connectors feature high-retention design
- Includes micro-fit embedded USB header connectors in parallel with all standard USB connectors
- Small (4" x 4" x 1"), low profile, steel enclosure
No driver installation is required for the USB-104-IHUB. Any USB compliant operating system will automatically install it. It will enumerate as a Generic Hub which uses the USB Hub Class Driver that is built into USB compliant operating systems such as Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows.
Go to ACCES I/O Products, Inc website