- September 14, 2016
September 14, 2016 - Applied Motion Products, Inc. announced the release of NEMA 34 frame StepSERVO Integrated Motors. The addition of these frame sizes in the StepSERVO product offering represents a widening of the product range, which included smaller frame sizes NEMA 11, 17, 23 and 24. With the larger NEMA 34 frame size, StepSERVO Integrated Motors can now be installed in more demanding applications where greater torque is required.
TSM34 and TXM34 StepSERVO integrated motors come in 4 lengths, offering machine designers a range of torque values to choose from. The longest motors (-6) offer holding torque values of 1,161 oz-in (8.2 N-m) and peak torque values over 1,300 oz-in (9.2 N-m). TXM34 integrated motors are IP65 rated with M12 connectors for all connections and a shaft seal at the front shaft. TSM34 integrated motors are IP40 rated with screw terminal and pluggable connectors for power, communication, and I/O connections.
A feature of the NEMA 34 StepSERVO Integrated Motors is dual-port Ethernet, which simply means two Ethernet ports per motor instead of one. The motors can now be connected (daisy-chained) in a line network topology in addition to the traditional star network topology. This improvement allows the reduction of cable lengths, the omission of bulky cable runs, and the downsizing of network switches.
TSM34 and TXM34 integrated motors support a variety of control options, including step & direction, velocity and streaming command modes. They also support stored program execution using Applied Motion’s Q programming language. Communication options include dual-port Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485, and CAN bus.
Communication protocols include Serial Command Language (SCL) over RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet UDP and TCP/IP; EtherNet/IP; Modbus RTU and TCP; and CANopen. All TSM34 and TXM34 StepSERVO integrated motors include two power supply connections, main and auxiliary, so that motor power can be removed while maintaining power to the controller and communications.
- StepSERVO closed loop stepper technology featuring space vector current control
- Peak torques for greater acceleration and throughput
- Higher efficiency, lower power consumption than open loop steppers
- Hi-resolution 20,000 count encoder for closed-loop control
- NEMA 34 frame size
- IP65 rated option for wet and dusty environments
- Multiple control options including step & direction, velocity, streaming commands, and stored program
- Multiple communication options including dual-port Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485, and CAN bus
- Communication protocols include SCL, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU and TCP, and CANopen