- December 20, 2016
December 20, 2016 - Applied Motion announced the release of a series of drives and motors with EtherCAT communications. These products utilize Applied Motion’s StepSERVO technology which combines the torque capabilities of step motors with the closed loop dynamic control of servo systems.
EtherCAT is an industrial Ethernet network designed for real-time control in automation environments. These StepSERVO Drives and Motors support CANopen over EtherCAT (CoE) control, allowing them to be integrated into new and existing EtherCAT networks. The products support CiA 402 operating modes including Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, and Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
Included in this release are three StepSERVO Drives and fourteen new StepSERVO Motors, ranging in sizes from NEMA 11 to NEMA 34. Products in this series are identified by an “SS” in the part number, such as the SS05-EC-D drive and the HT23-SS2DGB motor. A full complement of mating cables, power supplies, and other accessory products is available from Applied Motion Products.
- EtherCAT communications built-in with support for CiA 402 operating modes including Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
- StepSERVO closed loop stepper technology featuring space vector current control.
- Peak torques for greater acceleration and throughput.
- Higher efficiency, lower power consumption than open loop step motors.
- Motor frame sizes NEMA 11, 17, 23, 24 and 34.
- Each drive provides 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, and 2 analog inputs for interfacing to sensors, switches, and other external signals.