- February 01, 2017
- Bedrock Automation
February 1, 2017 – Bedrock Automation announced the release of a cyber secure 20-channel discrete output (DO) module for its Bedrock OSA system. The SIO8.20 DO enables software selectable electronic fusing, latching and fail-safe shutdown for each 24 VDC output at 1 A max current per channel. It provides galvanically-isolated output switching in an all-metal enclosure. Delivering programmable electrical capability within the cyber secure Bedrock control platform is designed to reduce the vulnerability of external electrical connectors.
The SIO8.20 is designed with Bedrock’s Black Fabric Cybershield protection built in from the start. Its combination of capabilities includes:
- 20 galvanically-isolated DO channels delivering a high density of channels per inch for optimization of rack space.
- Programmable electronic fusing with 20 channels that are electronically fused to a programmable threshold up to 1 amp per channel.
- Overcurrent retry, which enables programming a channel to latch off and retry during overcurrent.
- Failsafe Output, which protects the module if communication with the controller fails, directing output to a configured fail-safe value or holding it at last known value.
- Scalable Redundancy, with user-selectable single/dual/triple redundancy.
- A 32bit Secure ARM and an additional microcontroller on each of the 20 DO channels.
- Integrated Support of IEEE 1588 time precision protocol enables SOE synchronization with +/- 0.5mSec accuracy on all channels.
Control application developers can integrate all such features for discrete, hybrid and continuous control applications using the Bedrock IEC 61131-3 compatible engineering environment.