- July 12, 2016
- Cisco Systems
July 11, 2016 – Cisco announced new services and cloud-based security solutions built with Cisco’s threat-centric security architecture. With security solutions architected to be integrated, automated and simple to use, the Cisco security portfolio provides companies an effective approach for securing their digital business models.
Through its security architecture, the Cisco security portfolio increases capabilities but also decreases complexity — offering an alternative approach for customers that helps them close the gap and be more secure.
By combining network visibility and its breadth of integrated products, Cisco embeds security into the points of connection that users traverse so that the network, access points or endpoints are safe before a user logs on.
Cisco is releasing the following solutions and services that make effective security simpler for customers:
- Cisco Umbrella Roaming: This centralized, cloud-delivered protection is a simpleway to remove off-network blind spots, guarding roaming employees wherever they work. With Umbrella Roaming, now embedded as a module with AnyConnect (Cisco’s VPN solution), organizations can add a new layer of off-network protection that blocks connections to malicious sites without needing to deploy another agent.
- Cisco Umbrella Branch: This cloud-delivered solution gives businesses more control over guest Wi-Fi use with easy content filtering. With Umbrella Branch, businesses can simply upgrade Integrated Services Routers (ISR) for simple, fast and comprehensive security at branch locations.
- Cisco Defense Orchestrator: This cloud-based management application enables users to manage a large security infrastructure and policies in distributed locations across thousands of devices through a cloud-based console. It cuts through complexity to manage security policies across Cisco security products from ASA and ASAv firewalls to Cisco Firepower next- generation firewalls and ASA with FirePOWER Services featuring Firepower Threat Defense, and OpenDNS.
- Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances with Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) and Threat Grid: This cloud-managed unified threat management (UTM) solution simplifies advanced threat protection for the distributed enterprise, providing branch offices with malware protection that checks files against its cloud database to identify malicious content, blocking the files before users download them.
- Stealthwatch Learning Networks License: This component enables the Cisco ISR to act as a security sensor and enforcer for branch threat protection. It allows businesses to detect and track anomalies in network traffic, analyze suspicious network activity, and identify malicious traffic.
Additionally, Cisco Security Services for Digital Transformation enables organizations to build a strong security foundation. The new service helps organizations examine core security fundamentals that identify their readiness to adopt digital technologies. Expert advisers recommend security strategies and provide tailored solutions based on industry trends and vital business needs to achieve agility, innovation and growth.
About Cisco Cisco’s people, products and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.