- August 09, 2016
- Falcon Electric
August 9, 2016 – Falcon Electric announced its SC UPS family, a 700VA to 3kVA rackmount SC which provides comprehensive backup power protection for high-performance systems including IT and IIoT equipment, telecommunications, servers and industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
The SC UPS models utilize a true double-conversion, on-line topography, in order to prevent power failures. The SC UPS acts as an electronic firewall between incoming “dirty” power sources and sensitive equipment and includes these features:
- DSP (Digital Signal Processor) Technology and Surface Mount Device (SMD) Technology – provide the highest level of internal UPS protection, control, performance and reliability, as well as the use of fewer components.
- Hot-swap batteries – 5-year batteries reduce battery replacements and service costs. Optional external battery banks are available for minutes to hours of battery backup time.
- LCD display – gives access to UPS status and more.
- Input of voltages and frequencies – protects sensitive equipment against damaging transients.
- Battery boost circuit – reduces components and increases efficiency.
- Programmable 50/60 Hz frequency converter – the SC UPS can be easily configured for use as a frequency converter for worldwide power applications.
- RS-232, USB & SNMP/HTTP Interface – supports remote management and secure monitoring over any Ethernet LAN, WAN or the Internet.
The SC UPS also can being used in a tower configuration by rotating the programmable LCD display. In addition, during a power disturbance, the output receptacles can be programmed to shed non-critical loads to reserve power for critical equipment.