- September 19, 2016
September 19, 2016 – Intersil Corporation, a provider of power management and precision analog solutions, announced the industry’s four-channel analog video decoder with MIPI-CSI2 output interface that supports the latest generation of SOCs and application processors used in automotive around view systems. The ISL79985 is the newest member of Intersil’s video decoder family, and replaces up to nine discrete components with a single chip to preserve critical board space. It delivers four-channel analog decoding performance for generating 360-degree around view video to detect objects around the vehicle and assist drivers with backup and parking.
The ISL7998x family also includes the ISL79986 with a line-interleaved BT.656 interface. The video decoders provide motorists with detailed, high-quality video, enhancing their ability to see objects around the entire vehicle. An around view monitor system, also known as a surround view monitor, processes video from four cameras and then stitches the four images into a single birds-eye, top-down view as if a camera was stationed directly above the vehicle. The monitor helps drivers visually confirm the vehicle’s position relative to surrounding objects for easy maneuvering and parking.
The ISL79985 and ISL79986 integrate four analog video decoders with 10-bit ADCs to support four analog camera CVBS inputs simultaneously. The ISL79985’s MIPI-CSI2 interface lowers system EMI, reduces the number of pins compared to a traditional parallel interface, and makes it easy to interface with the newest SOCs and ADAS processors. Both decoders include Intersil’s proprietary automatic contrast adjustment (ACA) image enhancement feature that adapts to rapidly changing lighting conditions. ACA is able to automatically increase or reduce brightness and contrast to optimize the image for greater visibility and safety in low light and sunlight glare conditions.
Features and Specifications of ISL79985 and ISL79986
- Integrate four NTSC/PAL/SECAM analog video decoders and 10-bit ADCs with differential, pseudo differential and single-ended inputs
- 4-H adaptive comb filter Y/C separation, and PAL delay line for color phase error correction
- Software selectable analog input control for combinations of single-ended CVBS and differential CVBS
- Integrates programmable automotive short diagnostics -- short-to-battery and short-to-ground detection -- on each differential input channel
- ISL79985 integrates a MIPI-CSI2 output interface with MIPI standard Virtual Channel Identification
- ISL79986 supports 108MHz time multiplexed ITU-R BT.656 line interleaved format to output four channels over a single 8-bit data bus
- Integrated PLL to generate high frequency outputs while using a low cost 27MHz crystal oscillator
- Advanced synchronization processing/sync detection handles non-standard/weak signal
- Proprietary Automatic Contrast Adjustment (ACA) engine to dynamically optimize brightness and contrast levels
- AEC-Q100 Grade-2 qualified for operation from -40°C to +105°C
The ISL79985 and ISL79986 can be combined with the ISL78302 dual LDO, and ISL78322 / ISL78228 dual synch buck regulators to manage power rails for the video decoder, memory, SOC or FPGA in an around view ADAS application.