- July 11, 2016
July 11, 2016 - Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ: ISIL), a provider of power management and precision analog solutions, introduced a 36V instrumentation amplifier (in-amp) featuring an integrated differential analog-to-digital converter (ADC) driver. The ISL70617SEH differential input, rail-to-rail output in-amp delivers signal processing performance for low-level sensor telemetry data critical to communication satellites.
The ISL70617SEH enables higher common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and power supply rejection ratio (PSRR), at all gain settings. Designers can easily program the in-amp’s gain from 0.1 to 10,000 using two external resistors. The device is wafer-by-wafer guaranteed to 75krad (Si) with a low dose rate exposure of 10mrad/sec, which more closely resembles the space environment than the high dose rate testing used with competitive devices. The ISL70617SEH leverages Intersil’s silicon on insulator process to provide single event latch-up (SEL) and single event burnout (SEB) robustness of 60MeV in heavy ion environments. And its single event transient (SET) performance of <10usec eliminates the need for extra filtering.
The ISL70517SEH joins the ISL70617SEH, and offers similar features but implements a differential input and rail-to-rail single-ended output. Both in-amps allow designers to power the input/output stages from different supplies using individual power supply pins. Designers are able to take the input signals riding on a high common-mode voltage and level shift them to a low voltage device. For example, Intersil’s in-amps can protect downstream ICs from high voltage signals by tying the amplifier’s rail-to-rail output to an ADC’s low voltage power supply. This also preserves the ADC maximum input dynamic range and eliminates ADC input overdrive.
Key Features and Specifications of ISL70617SEH and ISL70517SEH
- Low input offset of 30µV, and low input bias current of 0.2nA
- Excellent CMRR and PSRR of 120dB typical for attenuating, gaining and filtering sensor signals to improve signal quality
- Wide operating range from ±4V to ±18V covers the majority of analog supply rails
- Closed loop -3dB BW 0.3MHz (AV = 1k) to 5.5MHz (A = 0.1)
- Extended operating temperature range of -55°C to +125°C
- Electrically screened to DLA SMD# 5962-15246
- Acceptance tested to a higher dose level of 75krad(Si), wafer-by-wafer
- Industry’s lowest dose rate (0.01rad(Si)/s) radiation tolerance of 75krad(Si)
- SEB LETTH (VS = ±18V) immune up to 60MeV•cm2/mg