- August 16, 2016
August 15, 2016 – Intersil Corporation, a provider of power management and precision analog solutions, announced the ISL91127 and ISL91128 buck-boost regulators. The devices feature 4.5A switches, up to 96%, and a compact footprint ideal for providing system power or powering the peripherals in battery-operated devices. They offer quiescent current of 30µA for light load efficiency.
The ISL91127 and ISL91128 operate in buck, boost or buck-boost mode, depending on the relation between input and output voltages, and provide smooth transitions between modes to prevent noise and glitches. This is essential to improve battery life by reducing power drain and heat dissipation in portable and mobile applications.
The buck-boost regulators’ input voltage range of 1.8V to 5.5V supports multiple battery topologies, and their wide output voltage range of 1V to 5.2V combined with 3A output current provide the ultimate in design flexibility. The ISL91128 also features I2C programmable dynamic output voltage adjustability, which eliminates feedback resistors and allows the reuse of the same design for multiple output voltage needs.
Key Features and Specifications of ISL91127 and ISL91128
- 30uA typical quiescent current
- Up to 96% efficiency (PVIN = 3.6V, Vout = 3.4V~4V, Iout = 200mA)
- Output current up to 3A in boost mode (PVIN = 3V, Vout = 3.3V)
- Input voltage can range from 1.8 to 5.5V, output voltage can be adjustable or fixed at 3.3V
- Full protection for under-voltage, short-circuit, and thermal faults to ensure safe operating conditions and reliable system operation
- ISL91128 offers I2C dynamic voltage adjustability for output voltage, and ringing suppression for superior EMI performance