- January 27, 2017
January 27, 2017- Kepware Technologies announced the release of KEPServerEX Version 6 software. A major release of the flagship industrial connectivity platform, Version 6 strengthens Kepware's core product offering for global corporations requiring increased operational scalability, security, and support.
Enhancements include a new method for remote configuration, additional languages that support critical industrial automation markets, and significant updates to the user interface and licensing experience.
KEPServerEX Version 6 features enhancements to the core server functionality and user experience that deliver an IoT-friendly industrial connectivity platform, including:
- The REST-based API enables off-site users to remotely apply programmatic changes to the configuration via third-party client applications. Now customers can configure multiple KEPServerEX instances from their enterprise software, enabling improved security and collaboration between Operations and IT.
- Core features and top-tier drivers have been localized to improve the accessibility, productivity, and safety of KEPServerEX for local customers in Japan and Germany as well as global multinationals.
- Native development of core OPC UA technology provides improved performance, enhanced diagnostics, and a solid foundation for continued OPC UA functionality enhancements.
- Updates to KEPServerEX, the License Utility, and My Kepware improve the user experience and simplify license management—providing customers with more streamlined tools to deploy, manage, and update their servers.
- An enhanced user interface streamlines project setup and deployment, enabling more effective and efficient interactions with KEPServerEX. The updates also promote a safe user experience.
- Now included as a complimentary core server component, the Security Policies advanced plug-in complements an industrial defense-in-depth strategy by enabling customers to assign security access permissions on individual objects based on user role.
KEPServerEX is an industrial connectivity platform that leverages OPC and IT-centric communication protocols to provide a single source of industrial automation data to enterprise applications. The platform offers a library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins—enabling connectivity to thousands of devices and other data sources.
@Kepware Technologies is a software development business of PTC Inc., headquartered in Portland, Maine. Kepware provides a portfolio of software solutions to help businesses connect diverse automation devices and software applications and enable the Industrial Internet of Things.