- June 20, 2016
June 20, 2016 – LaserLinc, Inc., a USA manufacturer of technology for precision measurement of diameter, ovality, wall thickness, concentricity, eccentricity and inside diameter introduced the TLAser1240 scanning laser micrometer, a single-axis diameter gauge for the inspection of large products without contact.
The TLAser1240 micrometer measures diameter, height, or width up to 9.1 inches (231mm) and is designed for use in industries such as metal, glass, wire and cable, and plastics and rubber extrusion. For metals and glass, the transmitter and receiver components can be separated to keep away from moving product or equipment, as well as heat sources.
- Measure any material, even if transparent
- Fast inspection - 1,600 measurements per second. At 50 feet/minute, a measurement is made every .007” of product for virtual 100% coverage
- Repeatability (two second) - ±.00008” [±2µm]
- Separate transmitter, receiver, and rigid mounting rail - mount in any orientation and out of the way of moving product and equipment
- Use two units together to get dual-axis (XY) inspection, or three for three-axis diameter and accurate ovality measurement
- Integrate with the Total Vu HMI using a standard Ethernet connection for complete product and process monitoring and control
- Integrate with line control PLCs using the SmartLinc processor and industrial communications such as EtherNet/IP