- September 14, 2016
- Memex Automation Inc.
September 14, 2016 - Memex announced it will be unveiling and demonstrating the MTC-One, an MTConnect connectivity board for legacy machine tools and IIoT devices, at the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) in Chicago.
MEMEX’s MTC-One has a number of features:
- PARM SOM microprocessor capable of running Linux, MTConnect adapters, agents and other IIoT software such as Complex Event Processing (CEP) as well countless other applications that might be needed to connect to and process data from devices
- MTC-One features include NXP/Freescale i.MX 6DualLite, ARM Cortex-A9, 1.0 GHz, Dual Core, 512MB DDR3 (64 Bit), 4GB eMMC (8 Bit), two 10/100 Mbit IEEE1588 Ethernet ports
- Connectivity Options - Wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n), up to 110 USB devices, 4 USB Host (Type A) connectors, USB (Micro A-B connector) diagnostic port, 8 onboard digital inputs (this provides optical isolation between the MTC-One and the device being monitored, which allows the MTC-One and the device to be electrically isolated), 2 onboard digital outputs and analog I/O Interfaces, as well as onboard Fieldbus/Industrial Ethernet Protocol Interface
- Variety of option sensors ranging from power monitoring, 8 channel ADC, thermocouple, accelerometer, RH sensor, digital input, DIO and others are on the MTC-One roadmap
- Industrial quality with onboard real-time clock with battery backup, shutdown circuitry to prevent data loss, voltage surge protection, Micro SD Card Slot and DVI-I display connector which can also convert to HDMI for connecting to shop displays
- Installation choices with either magnetic, screw or din rail mount and can take 6-27 VDC as its power input