- December 12, 2016
December 12, 2016 – Omnify Software, a provider of web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for discrete manufacturers, announced the availability of its Empower PLM product, version 7.0. Version 7.0 was re-designed on a new technology platform offering an enhanced User Experience (UX) with a modern interface and navigation.
The Omnify Empower PLM solution provides a central location to electronically manage parts, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Engineering Changes/ECOs, Documents, Projects, Quality/CAPAs, and Training Records. Version 7.0 offers all of the functionality of the existing system with many enhancements.
Key Omnify Empower 7.0 product updates include:
- User Experience: Empower 7.0 leverages browser technology to provide users with an enhanced experience by delivering an updated look and feel, improved navigation, independent scrolling slide-out panels, and extended User Interface (UI) options.
- Security Features: Omnify Empower offers both on-premises and hosted deployment options. New security features have been added for both our On-Premises and Hosted/SaaS customers, including an improved password framework with new retrieval options and an extended authentication platform that supports more Single Sign-On (SSO) methods and providers (LDAP, OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- Design Upload Wizard: CADKit, Empower’s design integration tool, includes a Design Upload Wizard to help guide engineers when uploading design data from 3rd party tools. The upload utility will automatically recognize any changes and apply the redlines to new or existing Changes/ECOs.
- Silicon Expert Interface: An integration between Silicone Expert and Omnify Empower will supply users with detailed part information when creating corporate parts/part numbers and maintain a direct link to Silicon Expert to deliver the latest component information on those parts within Empower 7.0.
- Technology Platform: Empower 7.0 is built on a REST (Representational State Transfer) services platform to enhance the integration framework for 3rd Party systems with additional functionality, improved performance, and to simplify future integrations.