- March 10, 2016
March 10, 2016 - Alliance Sensors announces LZ-25 linear position sensors are contactless devices designed for use in factory automation or assembly machinery applications where space is a premium.
These LVITs are offered in nominal full scale ranges from 50 to 900 mm (2 to 36 inches) with a stroke-to-length ratio so that the sensor’s overall length is only about 38 mm (1.5 inches) longer than the linear range of the unit. The sensor has a 25.4 mm (1 inch) outside diameter aluminum or optional stainless steel body with a 1-m long radial exit cable for I/O connections.
The 7.5 mm (0.295 inch) diameter through-bore of an LZ-25 provides clearance for its 6.35 mm (0.25 inch) diameter moving rod, which is made of the same material as its housing. This through-bore feature also means that the sensor is not subject to damage from typical mechanical overstroking.
- LVIT Technology (Linear Variable Inductance Transducer)
- Contactless operation prevents internal wearout from dithering or rapid cycling
- Excellent stroke-to-body-length ratio
- Full Scale ranges from 50 to 900 mm (2 to 36 inches)
- Through-bore design eliminates mechanical overstroking damage
- DC in / DC out operation with built-in electronics
- Proprietary SenSet field adjustable range scaling