- April 13, 2016
April 13, 2016 - Applied Robotics, Inc., a provider of automation end-of-arm tooling and connectivity solutions, announced the debut of the Epsilon Tool Changer series.
The Epsilon family of Tool Changers incorporates three previous generations of ARI tool changers with added functionality and enhancements. The Epsilon Tool Changers are available in a range of payloads from 10kg to 1,500kg.
- Improved size to payload ratio,
- Utilizing high strength materials,
- Cam locking mechanism featuring a multi-profile and self-centering cam design with a mechanical locking feature to ensure that the Robot Adaptor and Tool Adaptor remain connected in the event of loss of power or air
- High Resistance to torsion loads provided by coupling design allows the tool changer to maintain rotational repeatability
- Couple/Uncouple sensing available on all models
- Improved flexibility with a direct robot bolt pattern design to limit the need for adaptor plates
- Compatible with existing Applied Robotics modules.