- May 25, 2016
- Aspen Technology, Incorporated
May 25, 2016– Aspen Technology, Inc.,a provider of software and services to the process industries, announced the availability of aspenONE Engineering and aspenONE Manufacturing and Supply Chain Version 9 software. The latest release gives firms in the Oil, Gas, Refining, Chemicals, Engineering & Construction, and other process industries, integrated, streamlined workflows.
Innovations in the aspenONE V9 release are intended to empower users to design and troubleshoot with confidence, and enable greater insights into process constraints in order to make process safety consistent and continuous throughout the entire asset lifecycle.AspenTech’s latest software release provides manufacturers with:
Improved analysis capabilities. Insight into key processes enables better, faster and more profitable problem solving.
- Distillation columns are notoriously hard to operate optimally, resulting in losses in product and quality, and increased OPEX. With the Column Analysis technology in Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus, engineers can readily analyze hydraulic performance and test operating parameters, resulting in up to 20 percent improvements in energy savings.
- In an emergency, lives and billions of dollars’ worth of assets are at stake. Over 400 projects have used BLOWDOWN Technology, now part of Aspen HYSYS, to save significant CAPEX on oil, gas and LNG projects.
Model-based decision support.Consistent, rigorous models drive process improvements that improve margins and reduce capital and operating costs.
- Improved integration and workflow in the aspenONE refinery planning model update enables process engineers to update planning models.
- Sulsim Sulfur Recoveryin Aspen HYSYS ensures compliance with environmental regulations, reduces costs, and meets product specifications under changing feed and operating conditions, while simultaneously debottlenecking the gas plant.
- The latest Custom Modeling innovations enable process engineers to simplify the incorporation of custom models into Aspen Plus, reducing time-to-market for specialty chemicals producers by speeding up modeling of key processes.
- Schlumberger and AspenTech have collaborated to provide the latest link between OLGA software and Aspen HYSYS, expanding asset-wide modeling to maximize production without compromising safety in the upstream. In addition, new mercury partitioning capabilities in Aspen HYSYS track and reduce hazardous contaminants, increasing equipment reliability and lowering maintenance costs.
The aspenONE Manufacturing and Supply Chain V9 updates include the new Aspen DMC3 Builder that can increase efficiency up to 30 percent by building and deploying all AspenTech APC controllers from start to finish on one intuitive tool. The workflow oriented design builds controllers faster and enables more engineers, preserving process knowledge and increasing APC project efficiency.
Meeting fuel demand while minimizing costs and maximizing margins is made possible with the ability to evaluate and optimize supply chain tradeoffs. The new Map Monitor in Aspen Fleet Optimizer (AFO) improves scheduler visualization with an interactive web-based mapping application, providing real-time, accurate information that streamlines fuel distribution.