- December 01, 2015
December 1, 2015 - Badger Meter introduces Blancett B1500 turbine flow meter, available in nominal line sizes from ¼ to 2 inches with an accuracy rating of ±0.25% of reading.
B1500 flow meters are suitable for standard clean, filtered liquid flow applications in precision industrial processes, such as batching, blending, filling, or general flow measurement. Mechanical linearity increases useable flow range and helps mitigate output variance caused by viscosity fluctuations due to changes in fluid temperature. Using a helical rotor design with high-performance ceramic ball bearings, B1500 meters are able to achieve good speed-of-response and minimal pressure drop. Ceramic bearings are also lighter, more tolerant to extreme temperatures and produce less friction than stainless steel ball bearings.
B1500 flow meters are easily coupled with B3000 flow monitors to provide an economical, robust flow metering solution, with multiple local read and system integration options. Flow rates and totals are presented simultaneously via a crisp dot-matrix LCD display and/or transmitted to a user interface via Modbus RTU, a 4-20 mA analog output or totalizing pulse output. Basic, advanced and solar-powered configurations provide users with flexibility to meet the needs of unique applications.
Ideal flow ranges vary between ¼ to 250 gallons per minute depending on line size. The B1500 Series meter is constructed of 316 stainless steel and is available with either ANSI flange or NPT end fittings.
B1500 Series turbine flow meters come calibrated and traceable to NIST standards, are in stock and ready to ship.
- Expanded mechanical linearity Increased usable flow range with less sensitivity to fluid temperature/viscosity effects.
- Helical rotor design Exceptional speed-of-response, with reduced pressure drop.
- High-performance ceramic ball
- bearings Ceramic bearings provide near-perfect roundness, higher Rockwell hardness and are lighter and more tolerant to temperature than 440C stainless steel bearings. They eliminate adhesive wear and perform well in non-lubricating liquids found in cryogenic fluids and water.
- 6-bladed rotor supports Improved flow conditioning.