- February 23, 2016
February 23, 2016 - Balluff releases IO-Link power supplies with the HEARTBEAT function, consisting of a stress level indicator, load level indicator and life expectancy indicator that let the user visually know how the power supply is doing and when a power supply would need to be replaced.
These three indicators help operators to use the power supply within an optimal range. The IO-Link function enables getting information parameters to the control system in the least costly manner. The control system can then alert operators for counter actions to prolong the use of the power supply to the maximum possible life. In this manner, IO-Link assures continuous condition monitoring of the system.
- HEARTBEAT function consists of stress level indicator, load level indicator and life expectancy indicator
- High energy efficiency (>93% efficiency)
- Electrically durable (power boost 150% for 4 seconds)
- Long lasting (minimum service life of 15 years at 100% load and 40ºC)
- Vibration and shock resistant
- IO-Link Clip integrated
- Galvanic isolation between power and IO-Link
- IP20 and IP67 versions
About Balluff Inc. Balluff Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Balluff GmbH, Neuhausen, Germany, is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of inductive, photoelectric, vision, capacitive and magnetic sensors as well as linear position transducers, RFID systems, and networking products. Balluff products for OEM and factory floor solutions are used to control, regulate, automate, assemble, position, and monitor manufacturing, assembly, and packaging sequences for industries including: metalworking, automotive, plastics, material handling, wood processing, aerospace, alternative energy, medical, electrical, and electronics.