- February 23, 2016
February 23, 2016 - Dell introduces Embedded Box PC 3000 and 5000 fanless PCs that are designed to MIL-STD 810G specifications and have an operating temperature range from 0°C to 50°C.
These are highly reliable devices that can be used “headless” or with keyboard, mouse and monitor. Flexible and powerful, with extensive wired and wireless input/output (I/O) options, they run on Intel processors. The 3000 Series is powered by Intel Atom processors and designed for space-constrained applications, such as retail kiosks, automated vending devices and vehicles.
The 5000 Series is optimized for performance and I/O scalability. Powered by Intel Core processors, it includes two PCI/PCIe card slots for adaptability. It provides high-bandwidth ideal for industrial PC and IoT use cases (multi-HD video streaming apps and high frequency sensor data sources) as well as manufacturing and automation control.
- Operating temperature range from 0°C to 50°C
- Designed to MIL-STD 810G specifications
- DIN-rail, VESA, or wall mount options
- 5-year lifecycle and OEM-ready options
- Global availability with Dell Support and Deployment services
- Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Embedded, Windows 10 Pro* and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB and Ubuntu Desktop operating systems
Price: from $1,099
 Available in late Summer 2016.