- April 13, 2016
- Emerson Automation Solutions
April 13, 2016 — Emerson has introduced the ASCO Numatics 580 CHARacterization Module (CHARM) node for easy solenoid valve integration into Emerson’s DeltaV S-series distributed control system (DCS) with Electronic Marshalling technology.
The 580 CHARM node enables full integration of Numatics’ 500 Series pneumatic valves and manifolds into the DeltaV DCS network, and provides the following benefits:
- Uses native capability of DeltaV for diagnostics of pneumatic valves
- Brings the CHARM redundant communications and power connections to pneumatic valve manifolds
- Eliminates the need for additional dedicated networks like Profibus-DP for pilot valves and simplifies system I/O mapping
- Utilizes a single network connection from the DeltaV DCS through the CHARM baseplate and connecting to the 580 CHARMs node and manifold, eliminating the need to use individual DO CHARMs to drive each valve coil on the pilot manifold
- Expands the Electronic Marshalling I/O offering to include ASCO Numatics pilot valve manifolds, enhancing the concept of “adding any I/O type anywhere and anytime in the plant”
- Reduces programming and commissioning time
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.