- March 01, 2016
February 29, 2016 - Maxim Integrated releases MAX14853/MAX14855 and MAX14943/MAX14949 RS-485 transceivers that include a transformer driver and low drop out (LDO) regulator simplifies power and data isolated designs. The MAX14943 isolated RS-485/PROFIBUS DP transceiver, as well as the MAX14949 transceiver, each provide up to 80% efficiency at 150mA load. Available in full or half duplex isolated RS-485 transceivers, the family supports up to 5kVrms and allows for robust communication up to 25Mbps. The transceivers are ideal for industrial automation, programmable logic controllers (PLC), HVAC, and power meter applications.
- Ease of design: Simplifies design and provides flexibility through integration; transceivers include a transformer driver and an LDO
- Robust communication: 2.75kVrms and 5kVrms isolation options protect against large differences in ground potential between ports; Robust ±35kV (HBM ESD) on driver outputs/receiver inputs
- High efficiency: Integrated transformer driver provides up to 80% efficiency at 150mA load
- Available in a 16-pin W-SOIC package (11mm x 11mm).
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +105-degree Celsius temperature range.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world.