- May 26, 2016
- Industrial Control Communications, Inc.
The PicoPort Embedded Communications Module is a miniature serial communications engine-on-module for OEM applications. With features such as dual serial ports, USB-based configuration, analog and digital I/O ports, and a full complement of built-in communication protocol drivers all compressed into a device smaller than a US postage stamp, the PicoPort allows OEM device manufacturers to effortlessly network-enable their equipment, or expand their existing supported networks.
There are two primary intended audiences for the PicoPort:
- Equipment manufacturers who already have an “intelligent” device that supports an existing host CPU and UART (such as drives, PLCs and HMIs). Any standard protocol (such as Modbus RTU) or even custom protocol can be configured on the PicoPort in order to read/write data from the host CPU and make it accessible to the outside world. Physical I/O (analog and digital inputs and outputs) are simultaneously available for connection to provide network access to the device’s internal circuitry.
- Equipment manufacturers that currently provide traditional “non-communicating” sensors and I/O devices (such as pressure, humidity, temperature and contact sensors and actuators) that do not include a host CPU.
The PicoPort’s physical I/O (analog and digital inputs and outputs) provide direct network access to the host device’s internal circuitry. The incorporation of advanced data manipulation features, such as configurable scaling, linearization, arithmetic and logic functions simplify the device manufacturer’s integration effort.
The 2cm square communication module’s features include:
- Built-in drivers for a variety of popular industrial and building-automation protocols, such as BACnet MS/TP, JCI Metasys N2, Modbus RTU, Siemens FLN etc
- Full-speed USB 2.0 interface
- 9X shared GPIO channels (for digital inputs & outputs)
- 3X shared PWM output channels (for analog outputs)
- 4X shared 10-bit analog input channels
- Dual serial ports communicating at up to 115.2kbaud • Network packet capture and logging
- PLC-style logical, arithmetic, trigonometric and filtering database manipulation operations allow the construction of complex autonomous data conditioning functions
- Customizable Windows-based configuration tools designed for easy OEM branding
- Guaranteed BACnet Testing Laboratories (BTL) compliance for OEM device with no testing required
- Free access to all firmware updates and newly-developed drivers as they become available
Free lifetime hardware and software technical support A low-cost development kit is also available which allows engineers to get a jump start on integration with their equipment. The development board supports a variety of selectable communication interfaces, as well as a breadboard area for convenient hardware prototyping.
For More Information: Industrial Control Communications, Inc. 1600 Aspen Commons, Ste. 210 Middleton WI 53562 (608) 831-1255 email@example.com http://iccdesigns.com/Store/single-chip-modules/30-picoport.html