- April 07, 2016
- Schneider Electric
April 7, 2016 – Schneider Electric announced the launch of the Altivar 320 Machine Drive during the 2016 MODEX Expo. Available in compact and book form factors, this solution allows machines to perform better with less down time and lower total machine costs.
The Altivar 320 drive offers:
- Advanced connectivity via Ethernet (Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, EtherCAT) or serial (Modbus RTU, CANopen, Profibus DP, DeviceNet) based networks.
- Reliable motor control and performance for synchronous and asynchronous motors.
- Functionality in harsh environments, operating in ambient temperatures up to 60 degrees Celsius, and class 3C3 coated printed circuit boards to protect against corrosion.
- Embedded safety solutions for simple application requirements to comply with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and simplify certification.
The Altivar 320 drive meets the needs of simple or complex machines from 0.25 Hp to 20 Hp.
First in the Altivar Machine range
The Altivar Machine range is designed specifically for machine manufacturers, and matches a variety of machine throughput requirements with the following features:
- Open-loop motor control with torque sensitive operation and dynamic accuracy for start/stop applications.
- Closed-loop motor control for applications requiring velocity sensitive operation or precise positioning.
- Advanced connectivity with automation architecture via all common fieldbuses, even in real-time, with fast-task cycle times.
Extended machine availability The Altivar Machine range variable speed drives are designed to provide:
- Continuous machine operation in harsh environments with high levels of ambient temperature, dust, electrical interruptions or mechanical disturbances.
- Maximized machine operating time, as production changes, maintenance, safety diagnostics, network configuration and system integration can all be accomplished quickly.
About Schneider Electric Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~$30 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable