- May 25, 2016
- TURCK Inc.
May 25, 2016 – Engineers, OEMs, and integrators have struggled for years to balance the cost of PLCs with their I/O needs, and Turck's ARGEE technology is designed to solve this challenge. ARGEE empowers manufacturers to add logic to compatible I/O devices without a PLC. The ARGEE environment is accessible via an HTML5-compatible web browser. Inside the ARGEE environment, users can set condition and action statements to be carried out by the I/O device. The application's design includes a flow chart - similar to ladder logic - which is designed to enable easy programing by users of all experience levels. FLCs benefit small to mid-size OEMs and manufacturers who are looking to add logic without investing in a PLC. FLCs can be used in one of three ways:
- The FLC stands alone: The FLC performs all logic as a standalone application without a PLC.
- The FLC backs up the PLC: If the FLC loses communication with the PLC, the FLC can take over and either shut down or maintain the process.
- The FLC and the PLC work together: The FLC can monitor an application and send defined variables and updates back to the PLC.
Specific features of ARGEE include:
- Toggling bits, the utilization of timers and counters, performing arithmetic functions, monitoring of program status via the built-in HMI capabilities and communicating with an upper level PLC
- HTML5-based programing, which makes the environment accessible on any device via capable web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox
- Integration with digital, analog, IO-Link, RFID, and specialty I/O types
ARGEE technology is standard in all Turck multiprotocol Ethernet I/O devices. These devices can be used on any PROFINET, Modbus TCP, or EtherNet/IP platform, and include the TBEN-L/TBEN-S on-machine block I/O, BL compact on-machine flexible block I/O, and FEN20 in-cabinet block I/O. About Turck Turck is a pioneer in industrial automation technology, providing customers with a line of technology products in a flexible and accurate manner. With more than 4,000 people working in 28 countries, Turck has built global partnerships with customers based on engineering expertise and willingness to take on engineering challenges.