- May 14, 2015
- ACCES I/O Products, Inc
May 14, 2015 - ACCES I/O introduces USB-3.5-HUB that mounts in a 3.5 inch drive bay. The 4-port USB hub features extended temperature operation (-40°C to 85°C), high retention USB connectors, and an industrial steel drive bay mounting bracket for shock and vibration mitigation.
The 3.5″ front panel drive bay mounting provision allows for easy installation in rack-mount industrial and military grade style chassis.The unit makes it easy to add USB-based I/O to an embedded system or to connect peripherals such as external hard drives, GPS, wireless and more.
This 4-port hub is self-powered directly from the Berg connector (3.5″ floppy drive power connector) fed from the PC power supply and can provide a full 500mA source at 5V on each of the downstream ports. Available accessories include embedded OEM USB cables for connecting to an available host USB port on the motherboard (either standard or metric spacing) and a power splitter cable in case the Berg connector is already being used.
Key features of the USB-3.5-HUB include:
- Rugged, industrialized, four-port USB hub
- High-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.1 compatible
- Industrial temperature operation (-40°C to +85°C)
- Data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Supports bus-powered, or self-powered mode using 3.5" drive Berg power connector
- LED indicators for power and fault conditions for each downstream port
- Industrial grade USB connectors feature high-retention design
- 3.5″ front panel drive bay mounting provision
No driver installation is required for the USB-3.5-HUB. Any USB compliant operating system will automatically install it. It will enumerate as a Generic Hub which uses the USB Hub Class Driver that is built into USB compliant operating systems such as Linux (including Mac OS X) and
Price is $179 per unit